Monday, August 15, 2011

It's almost Delivery Day....!

Well I am officially at the end of this journey. 39 weeks and 2 days today. The whole pregnancy has gone pretty well. We have been fortunate enough to not have experienced any real problems, and we are very thankful for that. The only thing: Grayson is still breech! He will not turn! Our stubborn little boy. That can only mean one thing......scheduled C-Section. Yup, when the doctor told me that was what we were going to have to do I was initally bummed. I had always dreamed of having a baby and in those dreams the delivery was always a normal vaginal delivery, the way God intended it. But, I have had time to get over the initial disappointment. I realize that was nothing but a dream, and God had other plans for me. There is obviously a reason I am having to have a C-section, and I trust God with this decision. Lots of my friends have had C-sections and they have all been pleased with them, plus I get to do my hair and make-up before I go in, lol. When you think about it, that isn't all that bad. One other, major perk: both my family and Ty's get to be here for the birth, something that probably would not have happend otherwise due to the hours and hours of distance between us. So for that I am greatful.
So the scheduled due date.......August 16, 2011! Yep....TOMORROW! Oh my goodness this has flown by. I am sitting here in disbelief that today is my last day as simply a wife, daughter, and sister. Tomorrow I am going to be a Mommy! I cannot wait. Don't get me wrong, I am a little nervous, simply because I am having a major surgery and I have never had surgery before. I am a trauma nurse, not a labor and delivery nurse, and yes I know that a C-section is a very common surgery, but being a trauma nurse you have just enough knowledge to know what could go wrong. These are the times I wish I knew nothing about the medical field, or just enough to get by, that way I could not sike myself out. Oh well, I'll be ok, because the excitement of knowing that after that routine 45 min to one hour sugery, I will get to hold my sweet little boy, that I have waited so long to meet. If that can't get me through it I don't know what will!

So here is to today, my last day before my life changes forever (for the better of course). Ty and I are going to Flemming's (one of our favorite restuarants) tonight for our last dinner as a couple, because come 0730 in the morning, we will forever be a FAMILY!





2 comments:

  1. Ashley...Todd and I are soooo excited for your new family! What an amazing day today will be. Can't wait to see pics of sweet Grayson :)) Love from the Woodards!

    ReplyDelete