Monday, October 3, 2011

We Did It...

Well we did it (for the second time now actually), Grayson and I spent a weekend alone and we made it! I do have to say, this time around was a lot smoother, thanks to a little Prevacid, haha. No uncontrollable crying and screaming, instead peaceful naps and a good nights sleep. Tyler went to South Carolina for the SC vs. Auburn game with his family, poor Gamecocks they just didn't have it together this week. All in all it was a really boring game, neither team played good, one team got lucky and won, and it's too darn bad it was Auburn (yuck).

So while Tyler was gone, me and my little man braved the weekend alone........

We started off the morning by picking out Grayson's newborn portraits that we got taken when he was 2 weeks old, oh my gosh they are adorable! I mean I know I am partial because he is my little boy, but wow, he is just so darn cute! (I'll post more about those later.) After that we spent the early afternoon shopping, that is until Grayson let me know that he had had enough, so we went home and rested, we had a big night planned.


Sweet note we found when we got home.

Later that night we went to our best friends Nick and Jamie's 'Gender Reveal Party'. They are expecting a baby Sewell in February and had just found out what the sex was and were throwing a party to make the big announcement. The invitation asked us to wear the color, pink or blue, of what we thought baby Sewell's gender would be. So Grayson and I went with blue of course, I mean how cool would it be for them to have a baby boy too, they would only be 6 months apart and would be the best of buddies! I had it set in my mind that it is going to be a boy, I mean I already have the play dates and vacations planned out in my head (haha), but we would be excited if it was a girl too! The plan was that after dinner, Nick and Jamie were going to cut a cake and the icing color on the inside would reveal baby Sewell's gender. So after much anticipation, the cake was cut and....................
Grayson in his blue, ready for the party.

It's a Boy!!!

We are so excited! Our boys will get to grow up together, how exciting! Grayson was so happy he can't wait to meet his buddy Thomas Hunter! Not too much longer....!

The remainder of the weekend was spent watching college football and cheering on our teams, Go Cocks and Roll Tide! Grayson and I were more than happy that our Crimson Tide beat the jorts off of the Florida Gators. There is only one thing that we hate as much as Tigers and that's Gators! So all we have to say is bring on the Baton Rouge Bengals, were ready............
All in all we had a pretty good weekend just the two of us, Maybelle and Beau. I used to not mind being alone, I am very independent, but ever since getting married I cannot stand it. I have turned into a big baby, I dread the nights that Ty goes out of town. So needless to say we were very excited for Ty to get home, thankfully he will be home for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment